Charity Autotest 22/02/2020
THOROUGHBRED SPORTS CAR CLUB (NI) LTD
22 February 2020
1. The TSCC will organise a Clubman’s Permit Autotest on Saturday 22 February, 2020 at University of Ulster, Shore Road, Newtownabbey BT37 0QB.
2. The meeting will be governed by the General Regulations of the Motorsport UK Ltd., (incorporating the provisions of the International Sporting code of the FIA), these Supplementary Regulations and any written instructions that the organising club may issue for the event.
3. Motorsport UK permits 117481 (Autotest) and 117480 (Production Car Autotest) have been granted.
4. The event is open to all fully elected members of the TSCC (NI) who invite members from: CAM, ADC, BADMC, C&DMC, CMC, DMC, EMC, LMC, MGCC, NAMC, NUCC, USSE, UAC, and TDC Ireland, to compete in this event. All competitors must produce a valid membership card.
5. The programme of the meeting will be – Scrutineering from 9.30am, 1st car starts 10.30am with up to 3 runs at up to 4 tests, all tests may not count towards final results . Any competitor not signed on before the first car starts may not be eligible to compete.
6. The event shall consist of classes as follows –
Class 1 All competitors
Class 2 Juniors
Car classes will be organised at the Club’s discretion.
This event does not counts towards TSCC (NI) 2020 championship awards.
7. ALL COMPETITORS, INCLUDING THOSE SITTING WITH JUNIORS WILL REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF A RS CLUBMAN LICENSE AND BE A MEMBER OF AN INVITED CLUB
8. The entry list opens on publication of these regulations. Entries must be made via Rallyscore at www.rallyscore.net. Entries will not be accepted until paid in full.
9. The entry fee is £25, or £15 for juniors. Dual entries are permitted as per Motorsport UK regulations D17.1 and D17.1.1
10.The maximum entry for the meeting is 50
11.. The minimum is 30. Should the minimum figure not be reached the organisers have the right to cancel the event.
12. WITHDRAWN ENTRIES WILL INCUR AN ADMINSTRATION FEE OF £5, up to the day before the event, after which the entry fee will be forfeited in full, unless a reserve can be found.
13.Officials are -
Event Steward Mike Wilson
Clerks of the Course Wallace McKee
Deputy CoC Roger Fynn
Secretary Lucinda McKee
Assistant Lara Harrison
Results Liz Patterson
Scrutineers John Clarke & Richard Harrison
Provisional results will be published as soon as possible following the end of the event, and a copy of the final results will be posted on the Club and ANICC websites. All appeals must be lodged within 30 minutes of provisional results be finalised.
14.Any protest must be lodged in accordance with Motorsport UK Regulations C5.1 – 5.7.
15.Copies of test diagrams will be distributed at sign on, and may be on the Club Facebook Page
a. Timing will be by stop watch, to the nearest 0.10 second.
b. The starting signal will be verbal
c. The order of attempting tests will be as instructed at drivers briefing
d. Competitors must run in order, unless permission is granted by the CoC, failure to comply may result in a 30 second penalty.
e. If a car breaks down, and is repaired the driver may re-join at the end of the group.
16.Practising will not be allowed and may result in disqualification, but competitors will be given the opportunity to walk each test between 9.30am -10.15 am only, prior to the event start.
17.Penalties will be as follows as per Motorsport UK Yearbook table M7-
a. Pylons, striking any barrier - 5 seconds per offence
b. Lines, failure to stop astride a line as requested – 5 seconds per offence
c. Not performing test correctly – fail. NB fail = fastest time in class, on that test plus 20 seconds.
d. There will be a maximum time for each test which will be fastest time in class plus 20 seconds.
18.Juniors – Must be over 14 years of age. Cars must be a standard production car, have all 4 seats fitted and be by definition a touring car. The car must not exceed 1400cc. One passenger holding a full RTA MUST accompany juniors. Only cars driven by juniors are permitted to carry a passenger, unless special permission is sought from CoC.
19.Competitors are responsible for the accuracy of the times entered on their timecard and the maintenance of it throughout the event. They are also responsible for ensuring that their name and class appear on timecard.
20.Competitors are remined of noise limits – Motorsport UK regulations J5.17.1-8 – J5.18.1-11.
21.In the event of a tie, total penalties accrued by each competitor will be compared after the 1st visit to each test. If this fails to resolve the tie then the total penalties accrued on the 2nd visit will be considered, and so on until the tie is resolved.
22.In accordance with Motorsport guidelines the TSCC have 2 Child Safeguarding Officers, Fel McIlroy 07712 0551149 and Kevin McNamee 07774 811133 who can be contacted if required.
23.Judges of Fact shall be all Officials named above, all signed on marshals, excluding drivers, plus anyone nominated by the CoC.
24.Tyres from lists 1b & 1c are NOT permitted as per 2020 Blue Book M4.7 (page 198). All other road going E marked tyres are permitted.
TIMECARDS MUST BE RETURNED TO THE RESULTS OFFICIAL IMMEDIATELY AFTER FINISHING EACH ROUND OF TESTS.
All queries should be addressed to the Secretary of the Meeting, Lucinda McKee on 07872 059564, or by email to – email@example.com